By providing access to feminine hygiene products, you can help to reduce the rates of period poverty in the UK. According to girls’ rights charity Plan International UK:
- One in ten girls have been unable to afford sanitary wear
- One in seven girls have struggled to afford sanitary wear
- One in seven girls have had to ask to borrow sanitary wear from a friend due to affordability issues
- More than one in ten girls has had to improvise sanitary wear due to affordability issues
- One in five of girls have changed to a less suitable sanitary product due to cost
Statistics are based on Opinium Research survey of representative weighted sample of 1,000 girls and young women aged 14-21, carried out online between 22-24 August 2017.