You will be eligible for VAT exemption if:
- You are not purchasing for a business such as a Care Home, School, Nursing Home or Hospital, or for any other commercial use
- You are only purchasing incontinence protection products, wheelchairs or power chairs for personal use or for an immediate relatives personal use
- These must only be used for the treatment or management of a chronic condition or disability
Products that can be VAT exempt:
- 0-200 Disposable Pads
- 0-50 Washable pads
- 0-10 pairs of waterproof or leak-proof underwear
- Wheelchairs and Power Chairs for personal use
- Mobility Scooters for personal use
Please note that VAT exemption is not applicable to bibs, gloves, living aids, skin care and cleansing products, medical consumables or any other consumable products listed on the site.
VAT exemption can be redeemed at the checkout page. If you opt into VAT exemption you are agreeing under the HMRC VAT reliefs for disable people Reference: Notice 701/7 (August 2002) that you fall into the criteria for VAT exemption. We reserve the right to withdraw VAT exemption if we believe that you have provided incorrect or misleading information. VAT will only be removed from the products that qualify for exemption, other products ordered will be charged VAT.
For full terms and conditions please see the complete notice from HMRC: VAT Notice 701/7: VAT reliefs for disabled and older people